When examine a variable or an object in IE, the
console.log in Firebug doesnt’ work for IE. It will display as below in console of IE developer tools.
LOG: [object Navigator]
So how can we output the details for a variable or an object in IE with console log?
1. Open the Developer Tool Bar (hit F12)
2. Go to the “Script” tab, Click the “Start Debugging” button
3. Go to the “Watch” sub-tab, Click the row that says, “Click to add…”
4. Enter a variable or an object you’d want to examine. Note that the variable or object must be globally available.
5. At this point you should be able to examine your variable or object with tree-like UI.